1.06.2010

1st Nursery Sneak Peek!

Well, I have been dying with anticipation to start showing some of the nursery! I wanted to have it all finished before I showed yall. But here is a little peek at a project I did and of our paint and board and batten trim. You can read more about our board and batten trim here.


The grey is Mombasa Mist by Ralph Lauren and the trim is Woodlawn Snow by Valspar. I used the actual Ralph Lauren paint, because its so thick, I love that stuff!

The prints I made in Photoshop. I had seen some on etsy that I liked, but I wasnt going to pay that much for something I could make myself. I found images in a google search (fancy I know) and made them into paint brushes in PS.
Everything looked great on screen, but when I went to pick them up from being printed they were pixelated. Instead of reprinting them (because Im cheap), I decided to improvise.

I cut out the letters and silhouettes and attached them to black paper I got at Hobby Lobby. This ended up working out much better because the frames from Ikea have a weird sized opening in the matting and the 11x14 photos didnt fit.

I kinda love them... a lot!

The K is for Keating and the L is for Lola. In case you are wondering, or have no clue who Lola is. Lola is our furry child, a Boston Terrier. =)

15 comments:

  1. first off, i am CRAZY impressed at the cutting job you did on keating's!! they look amazing...and i'm totally contemplating stealing this idea for our "sons".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome! I love the colors, I can't wait to see the rest. & ditto being crazy impressed with your cutting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! That gray paint is gorgeous. I can totally understand why you are obsessed with it. So rich and smooth looking. Those cut outs are BEYOND. How amazing! Did you do the whole alphabet or just those two letters?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on the prints! Very crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the color you chose! and the board and batten trim looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks SO awesome! Now I really can't wait to see the rest of his nursery! I'm sure it's going to be SO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute!!! You made them!? You need to put those on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS! Little Keating is such a lucky little boy to have such a talented mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a WONDERFUL job....can't wait to see the rest of the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is beautiful! I would seriously buy something like that, you should sell them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh I'm pretty obsessed! :-) you are ridiculously creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love LOVE.. you're so crafty and talented.. I'm jealous!! It looks like it's going to be gorgeous.. can't wait to see the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Love the colors and love hearing about your pregnancy and baby K!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments!