11.06.2012

The Future

This election is important... I don't have to tell you that. I truly think that the state of our country is hanging in our election polls as I type this. Maybe I was too young or nieve to understand in elections before, but this is a big deal. Whether you feel one way or the other, this election is going to change things.

As I was getting dressed for work this morning and watching my boys innocently play, I felt the importance of my vote. I want my kids to have opportunity, to grow up where they dream that anything is possible... America is the land of opportunity after all. I want them to desire to go to college, not be afraid that it will be a waste of time and finances. I want the best for them, as any parent does for their child, and as mine wanted and provided for me.

In the future, will my children's generation look back on today as a day in history? Will today be a day marked with gloom or hope? In the past 4 years a lot has changed in my life. I have become a homeowner, a wife, been laid off, unemployed, employed, become a mother twice, learned the value of a dollar and how to stretch it as far as possible. The list could go on. I know that I am not the only one in this boat and compared to many, we are VERY fortunate. Times have been tough, as many can relate to. Our country is very wounded and these wounds are not going to be made better by a man, but by Christ alone.

As I was thinking about all of this, and starting to make myself a bit nervous, I reminded myself that God has a plan. Yes, I will be disappointed if my candidate does not win, because I think that it could be a very long 4 years if we keep going down a distructed path. But I am putting my hope in no man, because my hope is in The Lord. He has always taken care of my family in tough times and he will always prevail. I know that he will continue to do so... no matter who is sitting behind the big desk in Washington. I pray for our nation and it's leaders. (I think that politicians need all of the conviction that they can get.) I pray for the nation that my children will inherit, that we only make it better for them and I take confidence in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord "Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future"

3 comments:

  1. There isn't a chance in the world the man I'm voting for will win, so I'm hoping the man (I think) you voted for wins. Keeping Jeremiah 29:11 in my mind and heart today. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would you vote for someone who has no chance of winning? What a waste of a vote. Nice post, Candace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said ... I needed to hear this today!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments!