11.05.2012

A much needed weekend

This weekend was full of gorgeous boot wearing weather, family time, bonfires, house tours, and good food. Our weekend started out with a bonfire out in the field. Back in the day (I feel so old) we used to have a few bonfires during the fall, now with everyone's busy schedules we are lucky to just get one!
 
We practiced our football skills, apparently Keating was a lefty on Friday.
 We happily enjoyed the great weather.
And we even ate a few smores. Overall, a great night!
 The next morning, I woke up bright and early to tour the Southern Living Idea House in Senoia, Georgia. My sister is a PR genius and got us free tickets! The house was decorated for Christmas and it was AMAZING. I now want to redecorate my entire house, or renovate an old farm house! Since that is not really a reality, I decided that starting with Christmas decorations will have to tide me over for now. I will do a separate post of the house for those that want to see. There were some great ideas! I'm a copycat and plan to copy many of them!

After we toured the house, my mom, sister and I ate lunch at the Founders Club. If you go to visit then you must eat here. There are only 3 restaurants in the town, but this one had great gourmet southern food. I had a fried green tomato BLT with goat cheese on a croissant. YUM!
Saturday evening we went out to celebrate my sister in law's birthday at a dueling piano bar. Sunday morning, our time was all messed up and we ended up missing church. Oops. So we enjoyed the morning on the porch and playing in the dirt.




 

It was a fantastic weekend. Now to get busy getting my house ready for Christmas! Its not too soon is it? Have you started decorating yet?
 
 


3 comments:

  1. i am DYING to get my christmas decorations out!! i'm gonna try and be good and wait until next weekend...but we'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to rush fall but I'm READY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get my Christmas decorations out! I am going on a trip this weekend and then when I get home I am getting everything out and going decorating crazy! haha I love Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments!