8.09.2010

My Sister May Kill Me!

This weekend I had the urge to get out of the house. I randomly decided to go to Old Navy to see if they had jeggings. I wanted to try them on and see if I could pull them off, or see if I would look like the total geek with the poofy bangs that I was in elementary school. For any youngin's reading, jeggings have been around before. But they were nothing like they are now! "Jean leggings" as my sister and I called them were pretty snazzy and they looked sweet paired with our Sam and Libby bow ballet flats that we had in EVERY COLOR! They also went with our multitudes of Keds. (Wow I feel old posting all of this!)
We got our pairs of Jeggings at Target. I went with a dark blue wash. My sister on the other hand went with the flashy light early 90's rinse. She was most definitely a child of the 90's!
She was obsessed with her Jeggings! She wanted to wear them all of the time. EVERY. DAY. Here she is playing in our back yard wearing them.


They even came on vacation with us! Check out my mom's killer hair (Nice bow mom!) and our cool windbreakers that went with our swooshy pants!

Eventually she wore her Jeggings so much that they got holes in the knees and my mom retired them. The next year when we went school shopping, my sister requested the same pair of beloved Jeggings. Unfortunately the fad had passed and Jeggings were no more. My mom had to explain to her that they didnt make them anymore. She was not a happy camper!

Since then, we have often teased her for her love of her Jean Leggings. When we first saw that Jeggings were back, we all had a good laugh. Though she hasnt mentioned it, I know she is secretly VERY excited about their return. I EXPECT her to come home with a pair any day now.

I also expect her to come home today after reading this at work... and rubbing my face into the carpet for posting these pics! (She's a lot tougher than I am!)

8 comments:

  1. If you're looking for some comfortable, flattering and affordable jeggings, try the A.N.A. denim leggings from JC Penney - http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=190dbe7&Nao=0&hdnOnGo=true&Ne=4+877+878+5+961+6+29+3+598+11+15+12+506+10+23+585+596+1031+8+18+904+903+840+969+949+833&Ntt=a.n.a.+leggings&SearchString=a.n.a.+leggings&N=4294959029&SO=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=searchresults.

    I love mine, and everyone I know who has bought them loves them too! They look a lot more like real jeans than a lot of jeggings, but still feel like leggings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so forgot about the Sam & Libby bow shoes! I had several colors too. Don't get me started on the windbreakers. Thanks for the memories and the laughs! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sam & libby....when chic flats made a comeback recently, it was all i could do not to shout from the rooftops, s&l did it first! thanks for outing your sis....i think jeggings is a fun word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little shoes are so cute! I love them. I remember the jean leggins from back in the day. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA!!! those are the Keating ladies I remember!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i remember those shoes! my mom had a pair and I used to play with them when I was little :) good memories

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you notice Emily hanging on the fence in the background? HA HA Those were the good old days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had those SAME Sam & Libby shoes, too!!! Ah, memories...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments!