2.12.2010

Keating's Nursery Reveal!!!!!



Its finally DONE! Hopefully just in the nick of time!
If you missed my first reveal about the bedding and curtains check it out here!


A lamplight view of the changing table with Keating's stuffed "Jasper" dog... yes the dog is wearing a tiny UGA hat!


The banner was made by my friend Michelle for Keating's baby shower. It goes perfectly in the room!


I made this print in photoshop and stuck it in a $3 clearance frame from Target! Score! The stars are from Hobby Lobby


A view of the changing table. The basket I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby and it was natural colored. I gave it a bit of black spray paint. I now realize that the basket is a little lopsided... probably why it was on clearance! haha!


The lamp is from a local florist and was a gift from my aunt.


I needed a laundry hamper and had this old one from college. I made a new liner for it with the cowboy material. I think it turned out pretty decent! Cant beat getting something for free!

A closeup of the liner



This view of the room is still a little "unfinished" Where the barn star is I play to put pictures of him once he gets here! The barn star used to be in our guest room and was green. The green didnt match well so I painted it with a little cream latex paint and accented it with Ralph Lauren glaze. Once again, cant beat using something I already had!


Onto the chair...


This chair was a total steal!!! I was randomly browsing craigslist one Saturday morning and found the listing for this glider. $75 dollars! Luckily I was the first person to contact the seller and she said it was mine! It was listed as "light green" but it kind of changes colors in different lights. Its mostly a neutral tan color. The seller had people emailing her offering her more $$ for it, but thankfully she was honest and saved it for me since I was first!


Next to the chair is my little ottoman. I needed something to sit things on or to prop my feet up on, and couldnt find anything that fit. I ended up buying a $19 microsuede square "ottoman" from Target. It was black, which wasnt bad, but Im not a huge fan of microsuede.


I decided to sew a cover for it out of the remainder of the polka dot fabric I had from the bedding. The ivory in the fabric was way too bright so I tea dyed it. Making the actual cover was really easy. Just a bunch of squares sewed together!


Lola wanted to model it!



Above the chair is this precious print from my friend Kristi. It is one of my most favorite things in the whole nursery! Even though she is a GA Tech fan, she still found it in her to buy this awesome UGA print! I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I think I still need to hang it up instead of sitting it on the ledge.


A little closet view. I think its funny how the clothes grow longer towards the right!


The book shelf is from the scratch and dent section in Ikea. $25 bucks! There is a little scratch on the side, and you cant see it when its in the closet!


Hanging on the closet door is this awesome diaper wreath made by my friend Noelle! If you cant tell, it has tiny little cowboy boots on it!



Just a random little iron sign I found at Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby and I are pretty tight!


One last look at the whole room!

25 comments:

  1. It looks so great! And, even as a die hard Gator, I can admit that Baby Dawgs sign is really freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it and would totally steal that iron sign if I knew where you lived :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the cowboy details! My DS is still so interested in country westerns - it's one of those themes that grows with them! Can't wait to see pics of little Keating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!!! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks amazing! Hobby Lobby and I are the best of friends too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. you did an AMAZING job with your nursery!! Keating is going to be so very happy in his wonderful room. I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fantastic job! I am super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! You did an AMAZING job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOOOOOVE it!! and the hubs has already been warned when we have babies...we're getting the georgia print too =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the nursery, it is so precious! Great decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is SUPER CUTE! Now you need to go on and have that baby so you (and he) can enjoy it!

    And I LOVE Hobby Lobby. They have such great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!!!!
    That baby dawgs sign is too cute! You did an awesome job!

    ps. I'm doing a giveaway on my blog if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cowboy theme. so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks awesome! You are so creative... I wish I had that much patience to do so many things by hand! You better let me know if you go into labor :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the nursery turned out great! :) i LOVE reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my word I absolutely LOVE everything about it! :-) you are so creative! How did your sling turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks everyone! Its been a long process, and Im glad that Im finished! =) I will update my blog if and when I go into labor. Hopefully it wont be tonight since we have gotten snow and it will be freezing! Becca the sling turned out great! I tried it with lola and she wasnt such a fan! haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have done a fabulous job with the nursery!! I LOVE it! You're cute little cowboy is going to sleep so peacefully in his room. The "Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys" sign is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks perfect you did awesome! Cant wait to the nursery with the little cowboy in it whenever he gets here! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a super cute nursery! You all finished it just in time :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments!