2.16.2012

Entry Way Update!


Since moving in our house, our "entry way" or lack there of, has needed something to set it apart. Up until a few weeks ago, this long wall by our front door stood vacant with only an old church pew that became the catch all for the house. One of the down falls of renovating a house and knocking out all of the walls, is that when you walk in it is very open. Our solution was a functional shelf that provided a little decoration and a place for random things to call home.

Brad had this mantle-like shelf made for me for Christmas to go over the pew. I still need to fill the holes from the screws but I LOVE the way it all turned out.


Having the hooks on the shelf provides a spot for jackets and bags. I was worried about it getting cluttered but I think things look better hanging, as opposed to collecting dust on the pew below. So far I have had fun accessorizing with photos and random items from around the house. I would like to add in a few different colored frames, but for now, the black works. This is my most recent shelf addition. I randomly found this card on etsy of Ike and Lola, it was meant to be!

I think I still need something on the left side of the wall, but I am not sure what that is just yet. Suggestions?

Don't you love when a small change can make a huge impact?

20 comments:

  1. It looks so good my friend!! I've had the inspiration picture (from cottage living) that you used in my files forever, so I love it!! your house is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! This small change makes a HUGE impact, I'm inspired :)

    sweethomenashville.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks absolutely amazing! I love the contrast of the dark wood and the white shelf! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. The first thing I thought of to fill that space is a full length mirror leaning against the wall... it's hard to tell how much width you have there, but it would be great as far as reflection of light and a good place to check yourself before you walk out the door. Vanity wins. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I've been looking to do something similar! Love the old church pew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love this! I'm going to keep this as inspiration for when we get a house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks AWESOME!!! what about a tall circular basket to house umbrellas, rain boots, and such??? give it some texture in the space

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great! I love the little tiny coat too haha. Cute.

    You could always do a mirror on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! i am so envious of your entryway! i would love a larger one.. some day! i think it would be darling if you had an old wood pallet made that said "Family Name Est Here" with the year! Or even a cute vintage/rustic mirror would look great! I can't wait to see what you choose! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!!! I am very jealous of your church pew! I wish I had someone to put one in my house

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great! And the church pew is awesome. I definitely want one when we get our own place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in total awe I love it and now feel the need to change mine up can I please have you come do my house? I love yours! I love the wall color also do you rembember what it is called?
    I love the black frames. Yourman did you right for Christmas girl. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm thinking a wreath of some sort, coffee filter maybe? Just a thought. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AH!!! This is exactly what I want to do by one of our doors LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a nice collection of photos and there frames are really awesome and they look so pleasing on the wall...you have such a nice place in your house, I must say...!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm, that is some compelling information youve got going! Makes me scratch my head and think. Keep up the good writing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blasphemy! LOL Just kidding. Ive read similar things on other blogs. Ill take your word for it. Stay solid! your pal.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments!