2.10.2012

The bad thing about old photos...

Is that they make you realize how young and in shape you once were! The photos that I put up in my last post have been buried away in old facebook albums for years. I can't remember the last time that I looked at them, and some of them Brad had never even seen. I would be lying if I said we weren't a little shocked by how we have aged changed in the last 4 years! I guess it is just part of life, but after Archer arrives it is going to be post baby boot camp for me!! I have a class reunion in May so it will be crunch time... literally!
This weekend is Keating's 2nd birthday party. Where in the world did the last 2 years go? Of course I remember it like it was yesterday that I was holding a tiny new baby in my arms. Now that baby is 2 years old and going to be an older brother. It is all pretty crazy to think about! Keating is really excited about his birthday this year. I'm not sure that he completely understands what is going on, but when we talk about it he sings "Happy Birthday to YOU" to himself. He is nothing short of a ham!
Since he LOVES anything truck/ tractor/ dirt related I decided to do a dump truck party. I haven't done a whole lot of planning, so I hope it all comes together okay! I personally think kids birthday parties have gotten a little out of hand. The ones you see on pinterest are starting to get insanely over the top. I wanted to keep it simple, and I think I did just that. Everything is going to be yellow and white, we are decorating with trucks and tractors we already had and fun balloons I ordered online. For food we are having hot dogs and homemade cake. Easy peasy.
I made the invitations on my lunch break using Powerpoint. I had never thought to use Powerpoint to make something for printing. My work computer doesn't have Photoshop so desperate times called for desperate measures. I was really happy with the results and it was so easy! Sunday we plan to hang out around the house, and I may work on projects for the nursery. That is about all we have going on for the weekend! I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutly love that sweet sweet picture. Now he is all grown up..like 2 is all grown but it is alot of changes since newbie.
    Love the Dumptruck theme and cant wait to see pics. Have a happy bday K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that birthday parties are out of hand for kids, especially young kids who won't even remember it! My daughters 1st b-day party is next weekend and I'm making a banner and cupcake toppers, and that's about it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments!