11.18.2009

Merry Christmas?

So far this "Holiday Season" I have noticed a trend. It seems to me that stores and mass retailers have gone back to thinking the word "Christmas" is not so bad after all.

I remember just last year when "Christmas Trees" became "Holiday Trees" and everything was "Happy Holidays." When did Christmas become politically correct again?
I'm not complaining... because I celebrate Christmas complete with a Christmas Tree, Christmas Lights, Christmas Presents and Christmas Stockings!

Even the store that kicked out the Salvation Army from ringing their little bells, is in on the trend.


Maybe the phrase "Merry Christmas" is cheerful and uplifting, after so many families have had such a tough year?


Here's to hoping that we continue to be Merry!

9 comments:

  1. I hadn't even noticed yet!! Thanks for pointing it out...I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since it was the govt telling people what they could call the holidays I wonder if people have decided to do what they want themselves rather than pander!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a welcome change, for sure. Although, that stocking on the right, the red one with bells, is hideous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say Merry Christmas back to people who say Happy Holidays to me unless I like know they are Jewish or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forget "Happy Holidays." Whenever I worked at a boutique I always said "Merry Christmas" and I still won't change. I know it's cheesy but Jesus is the reason for the season! I'm glad stores are catching on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stumbled upon your blog! Super cute- Happy Hump Day! Excited to be following :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never quit saying Merry Christmas! I hated that everyone was going to Holiday instead of Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that Merry CHRISTmas is back!! So important!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't noticed that!! Interesting! I never stopped saying Merry Christmas, except when sending cards to people when I wasn't sure-- people I know from work, for example. Then I went with Happy Holidays.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS to YOU!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments!