3.22.2011

This little light of mine...

Ever since we decided to get neck deep in renovating our old ranch, I have been on the hunt for the perfect kitchen. With all of the posts that I have dedicated to the kitchen... you'd think I was sleeping in there! I promise, I will get around to the bedroom, I just have a one track mind!

I have been really inspired with lanterns lately. Specifically, old ones with lots of character. I have been envisioning an old bronze lantern with lots of character. After combing antique stores, stalking craigslist and weekly trips to Goodwill I have come away with a lot of random items, but no perfect lantern.

Finally I came across this little beauty! I think it has the perfect amount of aging to go along with my old bronze lantern vision. It is not old, nor is it bronze, but I think it is going to work perfectly!


My only concern is that it may be too small over the table. If that's the case, then I am considering getting another like this photo I took in Pottery Barn.


In other house news, the contractors are starting up this week! We can hardly wait to move out of the country. I don't know the reason for farmers to spread chicken crap all over their pastures, but it is DISGUSTING. The rancid smell and burning nostrils have ruined any attempts of going out to enjoy our gorgeous weather lately. Thank you Old McDonald!

Other than picking out things for the house and plugging my nose, I have had a sick baby, a sick husband, and I fired the wrong person at work this week. Keating got an ear infection over the weekend, {these things always seem to happen when his Dr's office is closed.} Brad took him to the Dr Monday morning and the poor little man definitely has an ear ache. He is getting better now, but he was just pitiful until today. Brad has had a cold, which he insists was the flu. {we all know how men are when they get sick! Just kidding Brad!!} I'm just hoping I stay well!!!

And to clarify, I know you're thinking "HOW DID YOU FIRE THE WRONG PERSON!?" There was a mix up with two employees names and I was given the wrong one. It really was not my fault, but of course, I had to fix it! Talk about feeling like a jerk!
"Excuse me, but I'm sorry, I didn't intend to fire you!" Yep, that was awesome.

Anyways, I hadn't posted in a week so I thought I needed to post about something.

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MAWMAW! Sorry I didn't get this up yesterday on your actual birthday!

4 comments:

  1. I hope your week gets better, that's a tough one firing the wrong person. On a happy note though, I love your kitchen inspiration and your lanterns. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lantern! Hopefully it will work!

    And I hope your week gets better and you don't accidentally fire anyone else! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sick baby, sick husband? Ouch. My mother says "What is the one thing more painful than childbirth? Any pain that a man feels."

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Just found your blog and have been enjoying your renovation posts :)
    Looking forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments!