7.07.2014

Catching up

Happy late 4th of July! Sorry for the radio silence as of lately, I haven't had a lot of free time to post. Summer is crazy as I am sure most of you can relate. We have also been quite sick at our house. The boys were sick for over 2 weeks and poor Archer had 103 degree fever for 12 days. He finally kicked an Adenovirus late last week, just in time for our trip to Louisiana for the 4th. 

Around the house we have mostly been spending a lot of time working in the yard. Last week we planted boxwoods, hydrangeas, knock-out roses and a few others in front of the house...The back yard still looks like a cow pasture! The plants help the front of the house look a lot more finished and I even decked out the porch for Independence Day. The patriotic bunting made my heart happy. 


On the inside of the house, I have been trying to get things decorated and feeling more finished. I found the chairs below on Joss and Main and fell in love with them instantly. They were beautiful, except that they looked like midget chairs against our other furniture. Thankfully Joss and Main took them back, and I recently found new ones at World Market.  I will have to add a photo once I get them arranged. 

If you follow me on Instagram, a few months ago I posted about a $20 brass table that I had found at Goodwill.  When I saw it, I immediately knew it would be a great copy for a Brick Layers Table. I really love the way it turned out. It is also indestructible, which is perfect for the little Wreck it Ralph's at home. 



We also hung the barn doors in our bedroom. Our cabinet maker messed up the center panel on the one on the right.  We have difficulty getting him to even show up at this point, much less fix something... so it is what it is. 


Back to our trip to Louisiana, we were able to get out of town for a few days to see my family that lives there. We had such a great trip and I really enjoyed watching the boys play and be kids again. It feels like it has been ages since they have felt well. 
Brad took both of them fishing in my aunt's pond and even though they only caught a few tiny fish and a turtle, they had a great time!





You may have also noticed on the side bar that I have new links (although they are huge and can't be re-sized for some strange reason) for Rodan + Fields. If you have read my blog for long, you will know how I am pretty cheap, and really don't buy expensive products or makeup. Recently, a friend of mine became a Rodan +Fields consultant and I decided to treat myself to a 30th birthday present. After 2 weeks of using Redefine, my skin looks drastically better! I am such a believer I became a consultant late last week. If you are interested in knowing more, let me know! I would love to share!


1 comment:

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments!