1.13.2012

Here come's the sun

I can't tell you how glad I am to see the sun in the weekend forecast, even if it is a freezing 42 degrees here today in Atlanta with snow flurries. After nearly two weeks of rain, I'll take what I can get! Our house has been a mess lately. A cooped up puppy and toddler tracking in mud is not a pretty thing. The other day I ran into Wal-Mart for groceries and I spotted these great rain boots for Keating. Believe it or not, I had been looking for plain rainboots for him for some time. I didn't want any crazy googly eyes or spider-man on them... just old fashioned rain boots. I couldn't have found these at a better time with our back yard currently looking like a swamp. They were also on clearance! He is quite the fan of his new rain boots, and so is his mom since we can just hose them off!
I know I have mentioned it here in the past, but I have a love for seasonal candy. Candy corn at halloween, anything peppermint at Christmas, and these lovelies around valentines day! They are currently on the store shelves and I may or may not have nearly eaten an entire bag. I think they're so good, even though most of the population thinks they taste like chalk!
Speaking of Valentine's day, on February 13th Keating will be 2 years old!! He was the best Valentine's gift I could have ever gotten. This year I decided to throw him a real birthday party, now that we are in our own house. I hope the weather cooperates since the weekend he was born we had a snow/ ice storm and barely made it to the hospital.
And speaking of babies, I found what I thought was coordinating fabrics to go with the Serena and Lily lime green houndstooth fabric I bought for Archer's crib sheets. Sadly the three prints really clash when next to each other. I'm hoping to use them as accents in the room, but not the main focal point. I am currently working on a baby blanket out of the bottom fabric. I can't wait to finish it up this weekend!
I'm thinking it is time to switch Keating to a big boy bed. He has learned to climb into his crib, and it is only a matter of time before he isn't too afraid to climb out. Hopefully it is an easy adjustment. Does anyone have any pointers?
I plan to do his bed in simple bedding with this fabric as an accent. He loves trucks and this happens to match a lot of the existing things in his room. This weekend's tentative agenda includes
-finish painting entry way shelf now that it isn't raining
-hang entry way shelf
-hang more photos/ art in the house (our walls are looking quite bare)
-finish Archer's baby blanket
-find bedding for Keating's big boy bed.
Hopefully I can squeeze all of this in!!! I'm probably taking on way more than I can accomplish, but it helps to have a list. Do you have a productive weekend planned?

4 comments:

  1. Happy early Bday to your baby boy! Mine turned 2 yesterday!

    I love that green and blue on that fabric...gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a lot of projects going! Can't wait to see everything!

    Keating & Elton share a birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keating seems like such a BOY! I bet he's so much fun. I am actually loving the fabric pics together! It's so hard to coordinate prints

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those valentine candies are my absolute favorite, too! I can never get enough of them. I'm taking this weekend off and spending some time with girlfriends, but the following weekends will be productive since we need to get packing to move!
    Hope you enjoy your weekend of productiveness! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments!