1.06.2011

House Inspiration

For those that are new around here and have been wondering why we are living in my parents basement, basically... we inherited Brad's childhood home after his father passed away. His mom couldn't take care of the maintenance on her own, so she moved in with a friend and we have been renting it for the last year. In the mean time we rented my house that I bought before we got married. We were starting to get crammed in our little condo-esque community and decided to move into Brad's parents house. The house is a lot more living area with a large yard, and no strict community rules.

We have been waiting for the current renters to move out so that we can get in there and get to work! We are going to refinance the house {an old ranch} and do some remodeling/ renovating. So I will share the images I have been saving for the past 6 months while we have been inhabited with my parents. =)


I love open shelving

I am always inspired by Pottery Barn. I also love gallery walls. My grandparents had one growing up and we always loved looking at it when we visited.


I fell so in love with this photo, that Brad got me a 1930's church pew for Christmas! I hope we can find the perfect spot for it!


I have been loving greige neutrals lately. We will be painting a lot of gray!

This picture is from the movie The Holiday. I just love Cameron Diaz's house in the movie! I love the black doors and how all of the neutrals play off of each other. I actually just realized her bf in the movie sleeping on the couch! haha!

This is another view of the room.

I love this house because it has a lot of similar features that we hope to include in our home. Nice beams, and we have a baby grand piano that I am not sure how to incorporate. Especially since neither of us play piano!


Some of our cabinetry will most likely be painted black. I think black is so classic.


As small as it is in the photo, I love the vanity in the bathroom.

More open shelves. Seeing a trend?

Open shelves, black cabinets, and a nice pot rack.

I have a lot more photos, but I dont want to bombard y'all at once. I also dont want to count my chickens before they hatch... So those will have to wait!

5 comments:

  1. I love the shelving in the first pic! Good luck with the remodel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these. I am very into the black cabinet thing! I think they're awesome. I can't wait to see what you guys end up doing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome Christmas present! Love the black cabinets. Can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all! I actually have some of those same pictures saved in my inspiration folder too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If that last kitchen was what I walked into every morning ... I just don't know what I'd do with myself. Sit and stare, and be late for work every morining. For sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments!