2.10.2009

"Love" Songs

Music has been a big part of my relationship with my husband ever since we first became friends. We both share a love of country music and we used to share our new downloaded music, or text message each other when a good song was on the radio. One time I remember he sent me a text to turn on a particular radio station and claimed that "it was his song to me." I turned on the radio, and I was really confused by the song. We were at our "what are we" phase in our relationship, so the song he wanted me to hear really made things more confusing! The song was "Cant you see" by the Marshall Tucker Band. The lyrics are as follows...............................

I'm gonna take a freight train, down at the station, Lord I don't care where it goes.
Gonna climb me a mountain, the highest mountain, Lord, Gonna jump off, nobody gonna know Can't you see, can't you see, what that woman, Lord, been doin' to me
Can't you see, can't you see, what that woman she been doin' to me
I'm gonna find me a hole in the wall, gonna crawl inside and die
That lady, mean ol' woman Lord, never told me goodbye
Can't you see, can't you see, what that woman. Lord, she been doin' to me
Can't you see, can't you see, what that woman been doin' to me
Gonna buy me a ticket now, as far as I can, ain't never comin' back
Take me Southbound, all the way to Georgia now, till the train run out of track
Can't you see, can't you see, what that woman, Lord, she been doin' to me
Can't you see, can't you see, what that woman been doin' to me

When I asked him what the song was supposed to mean he was confused by my question. He legitimately thought this was a nice song about a girl driving a guy crazy (in a good way). I can't imagine why I was confused with lyrics like "gonna crawl inside and die" or "mean ol' woman", but somehow it was still endearing because he meant it in a nice way! We still get a good laugh about it.

The next time he told me that a song reminded him of me, he did a much better job. It is was our song "Baby You Save Me" by Brad Paisley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments!