6.21.2010

SH*T People Say

Last night while watching the movie Role Models (Which was just okay) with B, I came to a realization. Why do these movies feel like they have to use such vulgar language to be funny?? I think Knocked Up and The Hangover are hilarious, but I dont have to hear "Mother F-er" to crack up. It actually starts getting quite repetitive.

Now, I'm not a sensitive person and I dont always have my "earmuffs" on, but seriously its pretty ridiculous! That much cussing just makes people sound ignorant. I want to give them a thesaurus so that they can learn a few new words.

Am I the only one that this bothers??

4 comments:

  1. It bothers me at times. Sometimes it is necessary to the script, but sometimes it is like they are doing it for shock value. I have noticed that I am less tolerant of it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. It seems like lately, the language in movies is just getting ridiculous. Sometimes it's funny, but sometimes it's just way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. It annoys me too. I don't understand it. It will actually kill a funny movie. My Best Friend's Girl was horrible due to language. And other reasons but mainly language.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. The best way my mom ever got me to watch my mouth was to tell me cussing made me sound ignorant. I hate that!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments!